A balanced diet creates a balanced life. When they say “you are what you eat” they usually say the truth. If you just starting your way to well-being and healthy eating, or simply have a limited time to prepare and plan meals for yourself — well, there’s always a way to cheat on it!
Irish sea moss became a massive trend. When it was indicated and proven by science that sea moss has a noteworthy impact on human health, many celebrities and prominent individuals began incorporating it into their diets.
In this article, we will explain why one interested in sustainable living should stick with Irish moss supplement for diet and what exactly sea moss does for your health.
What is Irish sea moss?
Irish sea moss is a species of Red algae. In scientific research, it goes by the name “Chondrus crispus”. From all other species of Red algae (around 6,000), Irish sea moss is famous for being densely packed with nutrients.
It is vast in antioxidants, minerals, enzymes, amino and fatty acids, fiber, and vitamins. The most known manufacturer of Irish sea moss today is True Sea Moss.
The manufacturer offers organic, high-quality sea moss in different forms and of different tastes — from wildcrafted moss gel to Irish sea moss powder. The diversity creates a potential for a great first experience with delicate and treasured Irish sea moss.
10 key nutritional benefits of Irish sea moss
If you wonder whether is sea moss good for a diet aimed at weight loss — it’s a reasonable question. Some supplements, especially iodine supplements, may have only specific use cases.
However, sea moss is not one of them. Moreover, if you scroll down to read the ten key benefits of seaweed, you will learn that it can even help you shed some pounds!
- Immunity support. Sea moss is rich in antioxidants and vitamins that can help the body fend off infections. Vitamins A, E, and C boost your immune system effectively, letting you stay healthy and energized during any season of the year.
- Promoted stress resistance. Packed with Magnesium, Omega fatty acids, and diverse minerals, Irish sea moss makes you highly resistant to stresses. Staying consistent with Irish moss might make you less responsive to irritators and keep your mood stable.
- Proper metabolism. Irish moss can help you boost your metabolism by activating your human growth hormone. By vastly enhancing your sleep, seaweed promotes your growth hormone to be produced in larger amounts, which significantly impacts your metabolism levels.
- Mind clarity. Packed with amino acids, Irish sea moss benefits your cognitive function. Glycine, tyrosine, alanine, arginine, and aspartic acids boost your brain activity, enhance your memory, and improve your focus throughout the day.
- Uplifted energy. Nourishing you with minerals like Iodine, Iron, Zinc, Calcium, Magnesium, and fatty acids, the seaweed can really promote your energy and brain activity no worse than your morning coffee.
- Nail and hair health. Though sea moss lacks collagen, it effectively boosts the production of the protein in your body. Collagen consolidates your nails, makes your hair stronger, and keeps your skin younger by promoting its cell’s faster turnover.
- Healthy sleep. Proper sleep is vital for your own proper function! By calming you with its GABA and promoting your melatonin production with tryptophan — the building block of serotonin — the seaweed can rid you of insomnia,
- Joints and muscles well-being. Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants, sea moss can help reduce inflammation in joints and significantly ease conditions like arthritis. Its carrageenan also aids in the health of connective tissues, promoting joint flexibility.
- Lighter breathing. Packed with potassium iodide, the seaweed helps dissolve phlegm in clogged airways. It is especially beneficial during cold and flu season, and if you are prone to allergies.
- Healthy guts. Sea moss acts as a prebiotic and promotes the growth of beneficial gut bacteria in your guts. It also nurtures the immunity of your guts, making it pathogen-resistant.
Finally, by being a rich source of fiber, Irish superfood can prevent and ease constipation, common for many medical conditions.
Working ways to embed sea moss into your lifestyle
Like many supplements that work better in the long run, Irish sea moss has to be stuck to if you want to start experiencing the above-described transformations.
A few decades ago it was very challenging to prepare and use the superfood regularly (it was quite time-consuming!). However, today you have a vast variety of options.
For example, these are three trendy ways to incorporate Irish sea moss into your unique lifestyle.
Enjoy it standalone
And again, returning to True Sea Moss, some sea moss gels are incredibly tasty and pleasurable to enjoy themselves. The manufacturer offers a selection of gels from wildcrafted sea moss. You can find the classic ones as well as flavored with the natural juices of farm-harvested fruits.
There’s a literal ocean of smoothie recipes with the seaweed. You can experiment and blend a tablespoon of True Sea Moss gel with berries, fruits, greens, oats, and fiber-rich foods like mango and banana. You can also mix sea moss smoothies with collagen powder and proteins — vitamin-dense Irish moss will aid with the proper absorption of these highly beneficial additives!
Have it with your toast or bagel
It is very popular to spread your sea moss gel over the toast — or a fresh bagel! — instead of your regular jam. Fruit or berry-flavored Irish moss gel will successfully replace jelly, while also nourishing and healing you.
If you’re looking for a simple way to give your diet a boost, Irish sea moss with its vitamins might just be your answer. The most famous Red algae species is packed with valuable nutrients that do wonders for your health — from helping you fight off colds to ensuring that you get a good night’s sleep.
With brands like True Sea Moss, you can easily adjust sea moss to your lifestyle, regardless of how air-tight your life is.