A delicious kratom tea recipe is one of the many ways to infuse this herb into your favorite treats. Various desserts, meals, and beverages work well with it.
Depending on your food preferences, you can easily find a way to incorporate a dose of kratom into your diet. It’s best to select strains according to what time of day you plan on having them.
White varieties are recommended during the day as they provide an energizing boost. On the other hand, strains like the highly potent red vein Thai are best suited to evening use.
7 KRATOM-INFUSED TREATS
Some people are curious about how to make kratom taste better, as they don’t enjoy the natural flavor of the plant. There are two main ways: opt for capsules or blend the powder into more pleasant treats.
Remember, each kratom strain and vein induces different effects. It’s best to infuse only small doses at first until you gain more experience, increasing the quantity gradually.
Let’s check out seven kratom-infused recipes below.
1. KRATOM TEA
First up is a kratom tea recipe. This method is among the most popular ways to consume these leaves.
Gather the following ingredients:
- 2 teaspoons of kratom
- 2 cups of water
- Lemon juice
There are optional ingredients, like cinnamon, ginger, and mint, which can enhance the flavor when making kratom tea from powder.
Making it only takes a few steps:
- Step 1: Boil the water in a pot.
- Step 2: Once it starts bubbling, add the kratom and remove the pot from the heat.
- Step 3: Allow it to simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Step 4: Strain the mixture, then add lemon juice and sweetener.
2. KRATOM MILKSHAKE
One of the more fun ways to ingest the plant is by making a creamy kratom milkshake. It’s sweet and goes well with a complete meal or even just as a cool-down beverage on a hot day.
You require the following items:
- 2 teaspoons of kratom powder
- 1 cup of vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon of honey or sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Making your kratom shake is straightforward:
- Step 1: Place all the ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth.
- Step 2: Test the consistency of the beverage. If it’s too thick, add more milk.
- Step 3: Pour in a glass and serve chilled.
3. KRATOM YOGURT
Infusing these leaves into a beverage is great, but there’s also the option of putting it in a healthy snack. One example is yogurt. The delicious flavors mask the kratom taste.
Collect the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- 1–2 teaspoons of kratom
Blend the ingredients and add honey until the flavor is to your preference.
4. KRATOM SMOOTHIE
One of the best beverages for post workout recovery is a kratom smoothie. Some people even drink it to substitute for a meal.
The ingredients are:
- Frozen fruits (your preferences)
- 1 teaspoon kratom powder
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Ice cubes
Making this kratom drink recipe is quick and easy:
- Step 1: Pop the ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. If it’s too thick, add more milk.
- Step 2: Serve chilled.
5. KRATOM CHOCOLATE
One of the sweeter kratom recipes involves infusing the powder with chocolate. The ingredients include:
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of kratom powder
The method is easy:
- Step 1: Mix the kratom and cocoa powder in a small bowl.
- Step 2: Melt the coconut oil over low heat.
- Step 3: When melted, add the honey and vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Step 4: Gradually stir in the powdered blend.
- Step 5: Pour the mixture into molds lined with parchment and chill until the chocolate hardens.
6. KRATOM ENERGY BALLS
Are you looking for a simple snack? Perhaps you want to fill up on something to help you overcome the midday slump? Cooking kratom energy balls may be the answer.
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of almond butter
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of kratom powder
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips
To make these energy-boosting balls, be sure to select the right kratom strain and vein.
- Step 1: In a large bowl, mix the oats, chia seeds, chocolate chips, and kratom powder.
- Step 2: Add the honey and almond butter and mix until well combined.
- Step 3: Use a cookie scoop to shape the mixture into balls.
- Step 4: Line the balls in a tray lined with parchment paper. Allow them to set in the fridge for 30 minutes before consuming.
7. ICED COFFEE KRATOM
While kratom may be stimulating, pairing it with coffee can increase energy. In addition, the bitter taste of coffee can help mask the unique taste of kratom if you find it unpleasant. While you can certainly drink it hot, iced coffee gives you more room to be creative.
- 1 cup cold brew coffee
- 1/4 cup milk of your choice
- 1 tablespoon sweetener
- Any additional additives you want, such as cacao powder.
How to do it:
- Step 1: Combine all ingredients (including kratom) in a tall glass.
- Step 2: Gently break up all lumps.
- Step 3: Add ice and enjoy.