Do you have high blood pressure? If so, you’re not alone. High blood pressure is a common condition that affects millions of people in the United States.
There are many different prescription medications available to treat high blood pressure, but some people prefer to use supplements instead.
Blood pressure supplements can normally be used in conjunction with medication, but please be sure to consult your doctor!
In this article, we will discuss the best blood pressure supplements and how they can help improve your health!
If you want more helpful info on supplements – including risks and general FDA guidelines – please see our “Supplements and Vitamins – Ultimate Beginner’s Guide“.
How We Rank and Review – 8 Criteria
1 – Price: What’s the price of the supplement? What’s the cost per serving?
- At Eating Enlightenment we value quality over price. However, all else being equal, then price comes into consideration.
2 – Reviews: How many reviews for each product? What’s the average rating? How many third party reviews?
- We strongly believe in third party reviews. Many supplement companies list positive reviews on their website, but third party reviews include negative comments. We always go with third party reviews.
3 – Reputation: How reputable is the brand behind the supplement? How long has the brand been around? What’s their mission?
- We believe that a company’s intention is highly important and should be one of your top purchasing decision factors.
4 – Taste / Absorption = What’s the taste? How quickly does your body absorb the supplement? Do reviews mention any negative side effects like an upset stomach?
5 – Perceived Therapeutic Effect = What beneficial effects or feelings does this supplement promote?
6 – Food Allergens = Does the company provide allergen info?
7 – Science / Certifications: Does the company list transparent scientific studies on their website? Do third party certifications test the company’s supplement for quality control? How many certifications does the company have?
8 – Pros/Cons: What are the pros and cons of each supplement? How is the supplement unique? For what situations is this supplement best?
1 – Best Overall – Life Extension
- Price = $33.00
- # of Servings = 60
- Price per Serving = $0.55
- Product Reviews = 4.5/5 with 37 verified reviews
- Taste / Absorption = 1 vegetarian tablet in the morning, 1 in the evening
- Labeled Effect = help maintain already-healthy blood pressure while you’re awake and while you sleep
- Food Allergen = safe
- Pro’s = good clinical research support
- Con’s =
About “Triple Action Blood Pressure”:
The main ingredient Myricetin can help reduce the effects of fructose (fruit sugar).
While fructose is a more beneficial type of sugar, in higher levels it can still impact blood pressure.
With a strong science foundation for benefits including reducing high blood pressure, this is a great choice.
Made by “Life Extension”:
About Life Extension: Life Extension began in 1980 and is still going 40 years later. In 2021 ConsumerLab.com voted Life Extension as #1 Rated Catalog/Internet Merchant. According to ReviewMeta.com, Life Extension’s average adjusted rating of 4.1/5 from 24, 224 verified reviews.
- Start = 1980
- Revenue = $168 million
- Employees = 500
- Mission = Achieve your goals with the best nutritional products that science can offer
- Third Party Certifications = GMP, Non-GMO
- Third Party Reviews = average adjusted rating of 4.1/5 from 24, 224 reviews
2 – Runner-up – CLE Holistic Health
- Price = $69.95
- # of Servings = 30
- Price per Serving = $2.31
- Product Reviews = 5/5 with 12 verified reviews
- Taste / Absorption = 6 capsules per serving, take for 2 months
- Labeled Effect = lowering and maintaining healthy blood pressure
- Food Allergen = very safe
- Pro’s = double-blind studies show Alistrol helps with blood pressure
- Con’s = 6 capsules per serving
About “Blood Pressure Supplement”:
The supplement contains 5 plant-based extracts. It also has 70 trace minerals and 22 acids.
This is a good supplement to try if you don’t mind paying a high price per serving for a plant based supplement with strong science for blood pressure.
Keep in mind each serving is 6 capsules. This serving size is the main reason it’s not our top recommendation.
However the science supporting this supplement is good. With its supporting double-blind studies, you can be more certain this supplement does help lower blood pressure.
Made by “CLE Holistic Health”:
About CLE Holistic Health: CLE Holistic Health is located in Vancouver, Canada and began in 2010. Generally speaking, Canadian authorities’ regulations on the production, testing, and marketing of supplements are among the most stringent in the world.
- Start = 2010
- Revenue = less than $5 million
- Employees = less than 25
- Mission = heal and empower you to take your health into your own hands
- Third Party Certifications = NPN (More strict Canadian version of GMP)
- Third Party Reviews = positive
3 – Best Price – Pure Premium
- Price = $22.97
- # of Servings = 90
- Price per Serving = $0.26
- Product Reviews = 4.2/5 with 15,040 verified reviews
- Taste / Absorption = 1 gelatin capsule
- Labeled Effect = support circulatory & heart health naturally
- Food Allergen = safe
- Pro’s = lots of vitamins and herbal extracts, many customers telling stories of blood pressure lowering directly as a result
- Con’s = not much science
About “Premium Blood Pressure Support Supplement”:
This product contains many ingredients such as vitamin C, niacin, folic acid, garlic powder and green tea leaf.
While containing many important ingredients, there’s no science that supports this will reduce blood pressure or help your blood vessels.
Made by “Pure Premium”:
About Pure Premium: Located in Nevada. According to ReviewMeta.com, average adjusted rating is 4.6 from 8,387 verified reviews.
- Start = unknown
- Revenue = less than $5 million
- Employees = less than 25
- Mission = help people live longer, healthier and happier lives
- Third Party Certifications = GMP
- Third Party Reviews = average adjusted rating is 4.6 from 8,387 verified reviews
4 – Best for CoQ10 – Bulk Supplements
- Price = $23.96
- # of Servings = 50
- Price per Serving = $0.48
- Product Reviews = 4.7/5 with 1069 verified reviews
- Taste / Absorption = 1/10 teaspoon 3x daily
- Labeled Effect = supports the cardiovascular system and helps keep the skin healthy
- Food Allergen = safe
- Pro’s = one ingredient Coenzyme Q10 with some clinical research for lowering blood pressure
- Con’s = only one ingredient, best used as a co-supplement
About “Coenzyme Q10”:
Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is a popular supplement partially because the body also produces it naturally.
Coenzyme Q10 is a cofactor in the production of energy, including the heart muscle.
However this supplement only contains Q10 and nothing else.
Plus, Q10 is mainly used for energy and the blood pressure benefits are more secondary.
You most likely won’t take this product as a standalone supplement to lower blood pressure.
Instead, you might want to use this in combination with another supplement.
Made by “Bulk Supplements”:
About Bulk Supplements: Bulk Supplements started in 2011 and is based in Nevada. It’s main manufacturing facility is FDA registered. They keep costs low by producing one metric ton for each supplement. According to ReviewMeta.com, average adjusted rating is 4.4/5 from 39,370 verified reviews.
- Start = 2011
- Revenue = $10 million
- Employees = 50
- Mission =
- Third Party Certifications = NSF, cGMP
- Third Party Reviews = 4.4/5 from 39,370 reviews
5 – Most Natural – Michael’s Naturopathic Programs
- Price = $21.59
- # of Servings = 20
- Price per Serving = $1.07
- Product Reviews = 4.3/5 with 36 verified reviews
- Taste / Absorption = 3 vegetarian tablets, 3 per day
- Labeled Effect = blood pressure
- Food Allergen = made in a facility that also processes allergens
- Pro’s = lots of vitamins and minerals with herbal ingredient base
- Con’s = no clinical research
About “Blood Pressure Factors”:
This supplement contains important nutrients like Vitamin B, magnesium and natural herbs in every dose.
It’s also plant based. If you are looking to lower blood pressure naturally this is a good option.
However, you may want a blood pressure monitor so that you can actually see this supplement lowers blood pressure levels!
Made by “Michael’s Naturopathic Programs”:
About Michael’s Naturopathic Programs: Founded in 1984 in Texas. Known for being exclusively vegetarian and kosher. According to ReviewMeta.com, average adjusted rating is 4.6/5 from 162 verified reviews.
- Start = 1984
- Revenue = $5 million
- Employees = 25
- Mission = provide affordable nutritional supplements that will help people enjoy healthier lives
- Third Party Certifications =
- Third Party Reviews = average adjusted rating is 4.6/5 from 162 reviews
What is the most effective natural remedy for high blood pressure?
There are quite a few effective and natural remedies for high blood pressure, so that you can return to a healthy blood pressure.
In fact, you should not totally rely on blood pressure medication to lower blood pressure. If you just rely on blood pressure medication to reduce blood pressure you’ll miss out on natural remedies.
Fortunately many of these natural remedies are really common sense and no doubt you’ve heard them before.
Nonetheless, repetition is part of learning something so here’s a list of effective remedies for high blood pressure:
- eating a healthy diet
- getting regular exercise
- reducing stress levels
- limiting alcohol intake
- avoiding processed foods
- taking the right supplements
- getting enough sleep
- having positive relationships
Out of these, the most effective tips to controlling blood pressure are reducing stress levels, eating a healthy diet and having positive relationships.
However, it’s important to speak with a healthcare professional before starting any new blood pressure medications.
Before purchasing a blood pressure supplement you may want to take a quick blood test for heart health.
Before you get your blood drawn, they will test your systolic blood pressure and your diastolic blood pressure (these two numbers combine to give you your total blood pressure).
This way you can see if you have high blood pressure. Or, maybe you have normal blood pressure levels and can feel relieved!
Thank you for reading our review of the best supplement for high blood pressure.
We hope that you found this information about lowering blood pressure helpful and that it answered any questions you may have had.
If anything is on your mind, please leave us a comment below and we’ll do our best to get back to you as soon as possible.
Remember, before starting any new supplement regimen, always speak with your doctor to make sure it’s the right decision for you.
And finally, don’t forget that the most accurate way to measure your blood pressure is by having a blood test done at the doctor’s office. Thanks again for reading!
Affiliate Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning that if you decide to purchase a product after clicking one, we may earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you.
Medical Disclaimer: This information should not be taken as medical advice. Please consult your doctor before taking any supplements.