Today you’re in for a treat 🙂
The one and only, Chef Dennis from AskChefDennis.com and @AskChefDennis, is here to chat!
Here’s a few of our conversation topics:
- Dennis’s most popular Tiramsu recipe with 1,562 comments
- Why Madrid is one of Dennis’s favorite cities
- Thoughts About Covid-19, Cruises
- Musings Why Europeans Are More Connected To Food Than Americans
Also, it’s rare that I say this …
But Dennis really exemplifies to me the idea of ikigai or “reason for being”.
In other words, Life Purpose.
This ikigai concept was first modernized by Dan Buettner in 2005 in his National Geographic cover story, “Blue Zones”.
There are 7 seemingly magical Blue Zones throughout the world. Each area is defined by containing a strikingly percentage of people who live 100+ years old.
It turns out however, that Blue Zones are not magical. The people who live to be 100+ in these areas have tapped into this idea of ikigai.
It turns out that tapping into Life Purpose keeps you ALIVE!
Dennis represents ikigai to a tee because:
- Dennis is a great chef
- Cooking, sharing, and teaching is Dennis’s passion
- The world needs food connection
- Dennis gets paid quite handsomely for his expertise and brand
I really, truly feel that this ikigai energy, presence, light …
Shines through in this episode.
It’s an intangible feeling that’s hard to pin down, but when I re-listened to our conversation I just felt good afterwards!
Ok, Ok, I’m being over-dramatic 🙂
Without further ado, I present to you, the one and only, Chef Dennis: